|08.30 – 09.00
|09.00 – 10.15
||Early Class II treatment: Does the cost outweigh the benefit?
- The need for early Class II treatment?
- The role of randomised trials in this question
- A new Cochrane systematic review
- Is trauma reduced by early treatment
- What are the costs of early treatment
|10.15 – 10.45
|10.45 – 12.15
||Adolescent Class II treatment: Twin block, mandibular growth and systematic reviews
- Clinical examples of adolescent treatment with Twin Blocks
- What do trials tell us about fixed functional appliances
- A new systematic review of adolescent Class II treatment
- A trial of a new removable functional appliance
|12.15 – 13.30
||Break and lunch
|13.30 – 13.45
||Ceremony Gouden Beugel
|13.45 – 14.45
||Socio-psychological effects of orthodontic treatment: Do we care?
- The role of orthodontics in overall health
- Socio-psychological effects of malocclusion
- Discussion on the social six
- Does orthodontic treatment improve socio-psychological health?
|14.45 – 15.15
||In the land of no evidence is the salesman King
- The role of advertising in orthodontics
- The claims made by manufacturers
- The role of the manufacturer in changing orthodontic practice
- The Orthodontic Key Opinion Leader
|15.15 – 15.45
|15.45 – 16.30
||Social media driven orthodontics: Quacks, Healers and blogs.
- The development of social media
- The power of social media on our practice and patients
- The use of social media in short term orthodontics
- The role of education and blogs on social media
|16.30 – 16.45
||Discussion and conclusion